Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Deck Work!

Like I mentioned yesterday,we had some computer issues that have now been resolved. To be honest,the only thing I really missed was being able to blog....which probably sounds funny since I am don't tend to post every day...or every week (hanging head in shame). I am making an attempt to be more on the ball with it. I have lots of thoughts running through my brain that I am anxious to share with you,but for the next few days,we will play catch up.

The deck is...DONE. D-O-N-E ! It took almost a month,with the Menfolk and The Boy working in the heat and humidity,busting their butts,and it's finally completed.It was slow going,as our friend Glen is very meticulous.There were also days when they (especially Rick) just needed a break. Looking through these photos,I realized that I don't have a photo of it 100% finished...but I will take a photo today when the weather clears and post before and after shots. However, I do have some photos of work in progress. The guys did a fabulous job-and it only cost materials,some pocket money for our nephew,and two bottles of Skyy Vodka for our friend Glen,who looked at the photo I found on line and did all the planning for it. Talk about getting off easy (OK,getting off cheap!!) It's nice to have good friends...but of course,Brother B will be working up at Glen's camp helping him out,so it's a pretty good trade off.

Have a fabulous day on this fabulous Planet!



Well, looky here....steps that aren't supported by cinder blocks...an actual  cement landing and railings  to boot!
The pergola
The pergola/lattice area.Great for filtering the hot afternoon sun!
The other end of the little cozy area
I realize as I post this that the lattice wasn't up yet in this photo...but it gives you an idea of what it now looks like
















No comments:

Post a Comment