Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Belated Mother's Day

As always,it seems that time slips by before I realize how long it's been since I posted last. Many things seem to be in the planning stage now,so what do I write about? That's always the problem!

This past weekend was a busy one. Sunday,Mother's Day,we awoke to beautiful skies and green leaves peeking out on the trees.


Late Sunday we went down to Somersworth for a Mother's Day dinner at my sister's house,so we got to visit with her and her hubby,and my Mom. Dinner was cranberry pork with cranberry "gravy",zucchini and summer squash, beef rice, and strawberry cheesecake for dessert. It was delicious! I asked my sister for the pork and the cheesecake recipe. Before we left for her house, I asked Rick to take a photo of Zach and I. I think it's the first photo we have taken on Mother's Day.

Rick and Zach were at a loss as to what to get me for Mother's Day. I really didn't need anything,and breakfast in bed in fine with me. But Rick insisted that they buy me something,so I said I wanted some alpaca yarn from Kings Highway Alpacas down the street. So they took a walk on Saturday,and gave these to me on Sunday morning:

The Alpaca Farm is run by a nice couple. She shears,spins,and dyes the yarn,in only natural colors. It's so soft! After I finish the socks that I am currently working on, I am going to make Zach a nice scarf for Christmas. I loved the yarn,but no breakfast in bed this year. We had a full house on Sunday AM,because we had Rick's other two brothers,his nephew,and a dear old Shaw family friend came up on Saturday for a wood splitting party.All the remaining tree length logs had to be cut into rounds and split into firewood. We provided beer,soda,hamburgers,and ribs. They worked hard,and all wound up crashing at our place. So we had assorted bodies on the floor,couch,and recliners. Nephew Brody slept in a sleeping bag in Zach's room. I think the fresh air and the beer caught up with men,and having them stay was fine. Best be safe than sorry! All the logs did get cut into rounds,and some of the wood split. Rick and Brother are going to split the rest this week. We should be set on firewood for a couple of years.

My seedlings are doing well. Right now I have Straight Eights and Pickling cukes on heat. The rest I have planted in pots until I can put them outside.


I am very excited because we have sold three dozen eggs! Our first money making venture from our Little Farm! We are selling them for only $1.50 a dozen,which is actually .09 cents cheaper than the supermarket I shop at. I have seen some folks sell for $2.00,and even $2.50 a dozen,but all we want to do is make a bit of pocket money to help toward food for the girls. They are laying on average 7 eggs a day.
 I hope all you Mom's out there had a fabulous Mother's Day!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment