Monday, May 16, 2011

Some Had Fun This Past Weekend,Some Did Not

Friday at 3:00 AM I woke up with the most horrible pain the back of my neck and head that I have had in a while.  I did fall back asleep,but when I woke back up at 8:00 AM,my eyes were sensitive,I still had a pain in the back of my head,and I felt sick to my stomach. I took some  Excedrine Migraine,and went back to bed. I hate when days like that happen,especially days when I have much planned. By the time 2:00 PM rolled around, I was feeling good enough to at least shower,and I went outside to gather eggs,then laid back down. I was wiped out.

Rick,on the other hand,had gone with a friend of ours to pick up what we consider our first farming purchase:
Yep. An Actual Tractor! Rick has been wanting one for awhile to help out around the yard.New ones are way too expensive,but he found this old Bolens on Craig's List,in Farmington,the next town over! He made arrangements to check it out and brought our next door neighbor,Kelly,who is very mechanically inclined and knows alot about tractors,and his friend,Joe. The tractor came with a mow deck,tow behind trailer,weights,and a rototiller. It was for an excellent price. Both Kelly and Joe were envious. Rick did not make any purchase without discussing it with me,mind you. :) Joe helped Rick bring it home and unload it. Then Rick spent the next hour getting used to how it runs,and how the bucket works. He played in the compost pile (which you can see behind him in the photo)moving the compost,then went to the remaining fire wood piles and tried to scoop up some wood to move them to the back of the garage.(he moved a few piles) He proclaimed it "perfect for what we want to use it for." This year, it will be regrading the back yard,redoing the driveway,moving the compost pile,filling the garden boxes,and moving wood.

Zach had a great weekend,at least until Sunday afternoon. He went to the Boy Scout Spring Camporee that was held in Farmington,which was very convenient for us,since it's not far. His patrol won first place in knot tying,and third in First Aid. When we picked him up Sunday AM,he said he had a nice time,and seemed tired,but that wasn't unusual. Lots of fresh air does it every time. He curled up on the couch and slept.By the time late afternoon rolled around,he was complaining that he head felt swimmy. I took his temperature and it was 101.5. I put him to bed,gave him some cold ginger ale,put a cold cloth on his forehead,and gave him some nighttime meds to help reduce the fever and help him sleep. He had no stomach complaints,or body aches. He is sniffly,so I guess he's fighting a head cold. I kept him home from school today,and we won't be going to Scouts tonight. Poor thing. We hate when he gets sick. His little body feels like a furnace,and he never complains,he just gets real quiet. Today I gave him some day time meds and will keep pouring the cold fluids to him.
In plant news, our strawberry plants are coming up nicely,my thyme and oregano have made a strong comeback,and my mint will need to be pulled. It's starting to take over the herb box. I should've planted that as a ground cover. I am going to see if there are any good peppermint soap recipes where I can use the leaves.

I need to go check on The Boy now. I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment