Sunday, May 29, 2011

On Behalf Of A Grateful Nation


Tomorrow is Memorial Day,when we here in the US remember those who gave their lives fighting for our country. I had hoped that Zach would not have to grow up having had lived through a war,let alone having a Dad that fought in one.I have had family members fight in each war since WWII. Rick has had members fight in wars since the French and Indian Wars in the 1600's. Zach has a mighty long line of veterans in his tree,some who died in the Civil War and at Valley Forge. He has much to be proud of.

Memorial Day is especially poignant for me, because I know how lucky we are to have Rick here. He came close on more than one occasion to losing his life. I count my blessings on a daily basis.

There are many who are not so lucky,and this is their day.For hundreds of years, our military members have sacrificed  so that we can keep the freedoms that we hold dear. I hold all of them in my heart...and am eternally grateful.

Thank you,on behalf of a grateful nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment