Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving,One And All!!

Today kicks off my favorite time of the year-the holidays.


Tuesday I made pumpkin puree,and even though the pumpkins didn't come from our yard,we did get them from a local farmer.

Yesterday I made gluten free pumpkin pie,apple stuffing,rosemary/garlic butter to rub on the turkey,chilled the cranberry sauce,and washed the dishes that we will be using (my Memere's old china). I cleaned the house. I was determined to not to have to rush around today,so I prepped what I could.

Today, I am going to make a centerpiece out of things in the yard-I think some dried flowers-and I have some gourds. I will take a photo and share it with you.

My Mom is coming up for Thanksgiving,and at almost 87,I am very happy that I can still celebrate this day with her. I always looked at Thanksgiving as an extra special day. You see, on Thanksgiving, Nov 23,1967,my Mom went into labor with me.However,I was stubborn and didn't make my appearance in this world until Friday,Nov 24. I was almost a Turkey Baby! Thanksgiving was the beginning of my journey onto this planet,though,and so it has an extra meaning to me and my Mom.

I have so many things to be thankful for. I have never lost sight of that,no matter what kind of day Rick is having,or where I am in my depression cycle.I have a loving husband,a fabulous son,great family and friends,especially My Dear Friend Michelle. Grief brought us together and from that a lovely friendship has blossomed. I have a warm house,clothes on my back,and food on my plate. I can see the blue sky,the white clouds,the trees,and the earth. I can smell the crisp, fresh air. I can hug my husband and son whenever I want.I also have very kind blogging friends who continue to give Rick and I love and support with their kind words. I have my cats and dogs that I can cuddle with. I have my chickens whom I chat with and who supply us with eggs. I have wonderful neighbors,who are kind and helpful. I also have fabulous memories of Thanksgivings of old with loved ones who are no longer with us.

Yep,I'm a very lucky,rich woman indeed!!!!

Have a fabulous day on this Fabulous Planet!

Happy Thanksgiving,to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments: