Saturday, December 8, 2012

Apparently I Needed Sleep

Good morning everyone!!

We have getting ready for Christmas. Rick put all the timothy hay bales,corn stalks,and pumpkins into the compost pile. I need to bring my decorations (which,thankfully,I actually organized last year!) down from the attic,and go out to woods to gather my greens. I started stocking up on ground pork for my pork pies. I will be making 6 this year-two for us for Christmas Eve,one for Dad Shaw,one for Brother Dale,one for Nephew Brody,and one for Ron and Jean,our neighbors.

The boys have been spending a lot of time out in the woods hunting. Rick needs to get out and enjoy himself in the woods,especially since it took him so long to be able to go back into the woods. They have heard deer,and seen them,but the brush was always too much to get a shot off. Shotgun season ends in just a few days,but archery season lasts a bit longer,and Rick does archery,so who knows? We did get two deer that was hit by cars. The first one turned out to be no good-it was hit in such a manner that the internal organs were pushed up under the skin (gross,I know,sorry). It was not noticeable until they started to skin it. The second one was a cleaner hit,and our first meal from it was venison filet mignon wrapped in bacon. It was tender and delicious!

Yesterday was a busy day. Zach's laptop is not working,so I went onto the Toshiba website and followed the steps they suggested,but it didn't work. I ordered recovery disks from them and if that doesn't work,we will have to get it fixed. I also ordered some Christmas presents,watched an episode of "Victorian Christmas" ( thank you Amy for the proper site to access it!),made crockpot baked beans and gluten free cornbread. I then went to the store and purchased some Christmas gifts,replacement Christmas lights for the house,and a new day planner. I came back home and did some crocheting (more Christmas gifts!).

After supper, I was reading " Bloody Mary" about Queen Mary,and my eyes started to get heavy. I wound up falling asleep in the chair at 6:00 PM. After a brief cat nap,I woke up and still felt tired,so I decided to go lay down. I was asleep by 7:30 PM.

I vaguely woke up early this morning ( it was still dark) and heard the rain falling outside,so I snuggled deeper in to the covers and feel back asleep.There is nothing more soothing than the sound of falling rain when one is nice and cozy in bed! When I woke up next,I looked at the clock,and it was around 8:30 AM! I stayed in bed for another half hour,though. I was so comfy that I just couldn't bring myself to get up,but I eventually pulled it off :)

Guess I needed that sleep!

Have a fabulous day on this Fabulous Planet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment