Saturday, January 15, 2011

Getting Better

Yesterday,though I really felt like going to bed after I blogged,I stayed up for a while and did a bit of puttering. I washed a couple loads of laundry and folded one (the other is still in the dryer-I admit it!). I changed the litter box and emptied the wastebasket in the bathroom,and changed the trashbag in the kitchen while the boys were out and about. I then plopped down in my recliner and knitted for a while. At 1:00 PM I decided to go rest,and wound up in bed the rest of the day. At least I felt like I had accomplished something.

Today I am feeling a tad better,though I still have a stuffy nose,cough, have a foggy head and feel real tired. Rick has encouraged me to rest,though I really hate laying down all day long. I feel like I am wasting time ( it also does not help my lower back). I know that I should rest and let nature take its course,and it's not like I am actually wasting time by using the time to get better. There is just so much to do-we need to start planning our garden and our bathroom remodel. I am not up to these conversations right now. In fact, what I have been writing here is the most conversation I have engaged in since Thursday. Being in my own head seems to be what comes along with this cold. So I have been envisioning a beautiful garden this coming year and where each box will go,and how wonderful it will be to once again gather fresh food for the family. I anticipate many more hours of canning than we had last year. Perhaps this year we will set up a small table down by the road to sell some of our abundance! We will need to buy more blueberry and raspberry bushes. Our strawberries should be very plentiful this year,so we should have a good amount of jam. Hopefully our corn won't get beaten down by the wind like it did last year. There was nothing worth saving for us,so the chickens and turkeys were able to enjoy the small ears. As Ma Ingalls said,"There's no great loss without some small gain."

I am off to shower and try to stay in the land of humans today. I might even have a conversation that involves more than 10 words strung together! We'll see what happens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment