Thursday, August 16, 2012

Corn!

We didn't have a very large corn harvest,only about 12 ears,but that is 12 more than we got last year!

 

This year,the ears were all edible,and ...amazingly enough,no corn worms! This is the first year where we didn't have one single one. It was so nice to peel back the husk and not see that gray little things squirming around. The corn was wonderful-so very sweet and fresh-best we have ever had!

I feel so bad for the folks in the Midwest that have failing crops. Here,we are not  dependent on our garden (our yard is not big enough-I wish it was ) for money or sustenance. I can only imagine what it must be like to see your money or food for the year dry up and wither away. I think about those folks often and hope they come through OK.

Today I am off to My Dear Friend Michelle's house for some Girl Time. We were going to go with the kids to the lake but it's raining outside.  Girl Time shall not be put aside!!

Have a great day on this Great Planet!






1 comment:

  1. That corn looks great !!! So good to have a good harvest.
    Have a great day and enjoy the girl time ; )

    ReplyDelete