Monday, September 10, 2012

A Touch Of Fall And...A Couple Prints Finally Get Framed!

Last night the temperatures got down to the upper 30's-low 40's. Today it's overcast,and the wind is brisk,so it's a good sweatshirt day. The leaves are just starting to change. Fall is in the air,and I love it!

We went down to Manchester today to the VA Hospital for Rick's appointment with his meds Dr. Everything is on track,and he is doing pretty well. He even had a couple of days that he didn't have to take Valium during the day.He can take it up to three times a day if needed for anxiety,or not,depending on how he is feeling,so not having to take it is good. He is on 2,000mg of Depakote a day,and no longer taking any Seroquil. That seems to be working well,so we will not have to see the Dr until December now.

When we got home,I noticed an unusual scent in the house. Something was cooking on the stove. It smelled sort  of like steamed clams,but the scent was a bit more strong.( I had to open a couple of windows to air out the house). It wasn't horrible,it was just potent. Lo and behold,Brother B was parboiling a couple of squirrels he got last night!

We have two apples on our Jonathan Apple Tree. We expected only a few apples this year since we did a major pruning job on the the tree this past Spring. At least they are good sized ones! Apple season came early this year from what I hear. I guess I will have to hit Butternut Farm over in Farmington soon for some apple picking,if there are any left! I am bummed that neither my Jack O Lantern or Sugar Pie pumpkins took this year. I don't know what happened. I planted seedlings that I started and have had great luck the last few years.Looks like I will have to hit the Farm for those as well. I did have a mystery plant that wound up being gourds. I had thrown some into the compost pile last year,and when we filled the beds this year,a vine grew. I got three gourds from it before hoards of squash bugs descended. I have never seen anything like it! There were hundreds! According to folks in our Garden Group,everyone had issues with them this year.

Yesterday I took a trip to our local Ben Franklin store (fabrics,crafts,etc)to get some frames for two prints. The first one I absolutely love-though you wouldn't guess it because it's been rolled up in the store bag since I bought it 5 (yes,that's right FIVE) years ago. I'm the Queen of Procrastination,remember?  :)

I think most folks,at least here in the US,are familiar with this iconic photo taken when folks learned that the  Japanese surrendered and WWII was over.People poured into the streets,dancing,singing,hugging,and laughing. They didn't know each other from Adam,but they didn't care,they were so ecstatic. A sailor grabbed a nurse and gave her a big old kiss. The photographer just happened to at the right place at the right time.  I love the photo for what it represents-the end of a war and the happiness that peace brings. I have this in our bedroom:

The second print was,of course,my Wilder print. I picked four mats,then a frame,then I stood there with the print comparing the mats to see which one I liked the best. After about 15 minutes of deliberating,I picked a mat,brought everything home and finally hung it in it's place of honor-on the wall to my left,next to the computer desk.


It felt really good to finally get these on the wall where we can enjoy them. I still have a few more photos to put out,but these were the two main ones I wanted to get done.

Have a fabulous day on this Fabulous Planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment