Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ahhhhh..... Time To Relax

After much ado,anticipation,planning,cooking,decorating,etc.,it's over. It is now December 26th and life is going to back to normal.

I was a bad girl this AM and slept in until 9:00 AM. I guess I was making up for yesterday! :) Zach woke us up at 4:50 AM and  by 5:10 AM we were unwrapping our presents. We spoiled each other this year. Rick's favorite gift was his rifle scope with night vision;Zach's was his Xbox,and mine is a toss up between the Dr Quinn Medicine Woman complete series on DVD (which is the only thing I asked for) and the gorgeous Citrine ( November birthstone)necklace and matching earring set that Rick bought me. They match the birthstone ring he bought me for my birthday. I wore them last night for dinner and I felt very glamorous! My favorite practical gift was the new hair dryer that Zach got for me,with a diffuser .Our poor blow dryer is on it's last legs,the cord has a short in it so one has to hold the cord a certain way otherwise it stops.

I am being a complete slug today. I am still in my bathrobe and PJ's at 10:26 AM. It's going to be a very low key day today. For the last three weeks I have had things to do,make,get,etc.This is the first day that I don't have to do anything! Now I have nothing to prepare for,so I will probably spend the day doing laundry,knitting,and watching Dr Quinn (actually when Joe Lando-Sully-is on screen I just watch him...throat clearing sound inserted here).  We are under a blizzard watch,and Rick and Brother B have gone to the store to get a few things since it sounds like we won't be going too far tomorrow.The storm is suppose to hit up here this evening,and we are on track to get up to 18" of snow. We have plenty of food,drink,and wood for heat,so let the storm come. We have a generator if we lose power to run the toilet,fridge,and TV ( if needed).This is the good thing about wood stoves as opposed to pellet stoves-if you lose power,you don't need to use the generator for heat. We have a propane grill,as well as camp stoves to cook if we lose the electricity. So it's all good.

Needless to say both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were wonderful. We enjoyed our time with Mom and Nephew Tommy. I had all my candles and oil lamps lit,and it made such a nice atmosphere. Tonight while the snow is howling around us,dumping up 1"-3" an hour at various points,I will have all our candles and lamps lit again. It will make things cozy and warm. Let it snow,let it snow,let it snow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment