Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Besides Christmas,Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It's a wonderful day for spending with family and counting your blessings.

I have many blessings:
-A wonderful husband,who came back to me alive
-A fabulous son
-Wonderful family and friends
-A warm home
-Clothes on my back
-Food on my plate

That's the most that anyone could ask,isn't it? I am mindful that there are many right now who are not so fortunate. Yesterday we donated three turkeys and food baskets to local families who are having a real tough time. We have been there before,and it's not fun. We are keeping those folks and many more like them in our thoughts today,as well as our military who are far from home.Bless them all!

In a little bit I am going to make my stuffing,then put the bird in the oven.My Mom is coming up today for dinner.She is doing great,driving now and therapy is coming along real well.

                                                        Thanksgiving Menu

Citrus stuffed turkey with Herbs De Provence (homegrown turkey!)
Venison sausage stuffing (homemade sausage and gluten free bread)
Orange Honey Green Beans (homegrown green beans)
Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Rolls
Cranberry Sauce
Olive and cream cheese stuffed celery
Gravy

Pumpkin pie (home made pumpkin and gluten free crust)

Tonight Rick and Zach are going to make me a birthday cake. This year,my birthday happens to fall on Thanksgiving. Great way to begin my 44th year......the Fierce and Forty decade continues!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends out there...where ever you may be!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Donna...and Happy Birthday too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Donna - we, too, are thankful for all that you have listed above. and we are thankful for all of our internet friends who have shared so much with us.

    you, Rick, Zack and Brother B are in our thoughts and thanks today!

    your menu looks so delicious and as we aren't having our dinner until tomorrow - now i am salivating! please take pics of it all!

    and now, in the worst singing voice known to man - i present:

    Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthay to sweet Donna!
    Happy Birthday to you!

    i am loving these Forties as are you! we wish you all the best in the coming year!

    and we wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! you will be in our thoughts and thanks!

    your friends,
    kymber and jamie

    ReplyDelete